Abruzzo DOP Pecorino Superiore
- Production area:
- In Province of Chieti
- Soil type
- medium-textured terrain tending towards chalky and north-west exposure.
- Vinification technique
- Late hand-picking of the ripe grapes, in order to obtain a stronger concentration and express all its typical traits. Pressing in contact with the skins for 8/10 hours. fermentation in steel vats at a controlled temperature of 16/17 degrees.
- on the fine lees in steel vats and then 3 months in the bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics
- Straw yellow with golden highlights, intense and persistent on the nose with accentuated mineral notes, yellow gorse flowers and orange blossom. Ripe yellow fruit, yellow peach and white melon. Entry to the mouth is good, with acid notes, a fresh and immediate impact, dry, clean and warm. full flavoured, with long persistence and an aftertaste of bitter almond and elegant and re ned nish. a full-bodied wine with excellent structure in its balance and harmony.