Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOP
- Production area:
- Province of Chieti and Province of Teramo
- Soil type
- medium- textured clayey terrain and south east exposure.
- Vinification technique
- hand-picked, pressing in the tub, maceration for 7/15 days at a controlled temperature of 24/26 degrees. Bleeding off (saignée) 15/20% in order to obtain greater concentration, extract and colour.
- Ageing in steel vats for at least 6 months and then 2 months in the bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics
- Ruby red in colour with good intensity and garnet hues, on the nose intense and complex with owery notes of red roses, red ripe fruit, redcurrant, blackberry and slight spicy hints. Immediate entry on the palate. soft and quite tannic, full avoured, with a decisive nish in the oral cavity and a complete and satisfying retronasal sensation.