Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOP Riserva
- Production area:
- Province of Chieti and Province of Teramo,
- Soil type
- medium- textured clayey terrain and south-east exposure.
- Collection period
- Late hand-picking at the end of october/ beginning of november
- Vinification technique
- Long maceration for 10/15 days at 24 degrees.
- 6 months in steel vats and then in french in barriques for 18 months followed by at least six months in the bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics
- A red wine that moves away from ruby red towards a developing garnet. good colour intensity without transparency. intense on the nose and with a complex fragrance in which we find a bouquet of dried owers, red fruit jam, hints of vanilla and leather. In the mouth it is intense, persistent and completely harmonious. a clean sensation in the oral cavity, with properties of acidity, tannins and mineral salts all perfectly balanced. this reserve expresses all the authenticity and typical traits of Montepulciano grapes and therefore of the abruzzo region.